Oliver Smith (aka 'kfs1' or 'kfsone'). For more about me, see my About page.
Computer Programmer, Software Engineer, Developer.
Wannabe: Chef, astronomer, musician.
I love to create software that empowers others and feeds creativity. For me, the result is in seeing the lightbulb go-on for someone else using what I've provided.
- A MUD language as my first C program,
- APIs, admin tools and a network mail-exchange for assorted BBSes,
- Mail systems for AmiTCP,
- A mail-based perl automation suite for the administration of all .UK domains,
- A community support site for WarBirds online flightsim in '97,
- A voting-based community bug/feature feedback tool for Dark Age of Camelot,
- Assorted community self-help tools for various games,
- A house-layout editor for EverQuest2,
- "TradeDangerous" a routing/profit optimizer for Elite: Dangerous,
- And the occasional tutorial,
Work: Facebook; Home: Redwood City, CA
Work: Blizzard/World of Warcraft; Home: Irvine, CA
Work: Playnet/WWII Online; Home: Bedford, TX
Work: Page3.com (Mature content caution); Home: London, England
Work: The Guardian; London, England
Work: RedBus; Home: London, England
Work: Granada Media; Home: London, England
Work: Demon Internet; Home: London, England
(and Amsterdam for a year) Work: Arctic Breeze, Grimsby; Home: Grimsby
Work: Promax (Cosalt, I.D.A, The Visual Connection, BSSI, Arctic Breeze, Marshall Sutton and others); Home: Grimsby
College: Grimsby College of Technology; Home: Grimsby
Early Days =) Grimsby
Is that it?
Mostly. I've never done the diary thing well, so my Blog is about as exciting as a weekend on a siberian snow-farm -- an abandoned siberian snow-farm
You can reach me at: